I may be slightly biased, and bear is doing things at his own pace, but you remember how the garden looked last time that I played out.
Bear and I have been out and while I've tried to help, bear has done everything that involves using a back.
And I don't know if anyone remembers, but we had an apple tree in a tub and while the blossom was pretty guaranteed, we never got much from it, and as it was hidden under the honeysuckle and I forgot about it, the drought saw it off. Bear cut the dead tree into bits, emptied the soil which I suspect is completely dead, and I now have a substantially sized tub that I plan to fill with a rose.
The soil is really good black earth, and it's wasted on me. Of course, I put in compost and dug it over many years ago, and father had a good play with it, but it's the sort of growing medium that most gardeners covet. Efforts continue, but I doubt that much will get done tomorrow as rain is forecast. My back is hurting, and I have eye strain so I'm happy to be coming to the end of the post, but I had to post to show how well bear has done.
Writing stuff has given me the eye strain, so I've not checked in on the blogs or awesome comments as I would have liked, but you can read how I'm doing with the switch in writing blogs on Wordpress here and on Blogger here.






That's progress!
ReplyDeleteIt feels amazing
ReplyDeleteWell done, bear! Maybe he's feeling his grandfather's spirit when he's out in the garden. :)
ReplyDeleteBear is refusing all attempts to teach him the names of plants, and insists on concentrating on the hard labour, but I think he may weaken at some point.
Delete