Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Planning for school

Bear starts back at school on the 5th September, next Tuesday.  I don't know about him but I'm looking forward to it.

I already had the shirts and sweaters.  I have the trousers ordered.  His school shoes fit still fit him and I carefully put them somewhere where I will be able to find them next Tuesday.  I washed his sports kit today and that's all sorted.

I've also washed his book bag.  It looks very well worn and still dingy around the edges, which is reasonable as it's a few years old and has been well used.  There is also a hole in the bottom which, while not big enough to be a problem, is too big to be repaired so I have reluctantly paid out another £4 and ordered a new one.  I'd hoped that this bag would see out the last year in primary school.  I treated him to a new backpack, as Angry Birds aren't cool anymore and I splashed out on a Harry Potter one.  I'm not sure that Harry Potter is cool, but bear is getting really into Harry Potter so he's happy.  He read through all the books this summer and enjoyed them.  I am really grateful for this as the books are so well written.

It's been an interesting holiday for bear.  We haven't gone out much, but he's indulged in Harry Potter, been in a car crash and watched Taming of the Shrew.  It could be worse, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. A holiday to remember then!
    I have one more week of quiet roads and easy parking at work before everyone back to school and work and I have to get up 15 minutes earlier to guarantee a parking space!
    You sound like you have everything in hand - perhaps you can pass your book bag on when he leaves - I expect there will be someone else in this position where they only need one more years use.

    ReplyDelete