Pages

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Half Way Through Half Term

Bear went to a pal's birthday party today and I tried plantain for the first time and loved it.

there is still a significant fly problem despite the cider vinegar and washing up liquid traps.  The air is thicker than I like.  Tomorrow I need to take the kitchen apart.  This is likely to be more possible as I've written @ 600 words since I got back from bear's pal's party at 5pm and if I manage another 1500 words I think the kitchen will be sparkling.  I hope so - I've a very large pumpkin and a pumpkin carving kit.

wherethejourneytakesme I remember trying to decipher legal handwriting.  Those who worked on the Rossetta Stone had it easy in comparison!

As I mentioned, I did have a fly problem as part of the plot of Dinner at Dark and I admit I enjoyed writing it far too much.  If anyone is interested, if you click on the above link it will take you to Smashwords.  Smashwords is a place for self-published authors and there are some awesome writers there.  If you are interested you can use Smashwords coupon WS52Q and get Dinner at Dark free.  The coupon is good until December 31 2017 and I hope you can enjoy it. 



In other news, bear has decided that he wants to learn to touch type.  I had a quick google, checked out some reviews and bear started learning with Typing Club.  It's quite good, and the basic version is free.  I'm going through the course at the same time as bear, partly because although I've been touch typing for twenty years, I'm self taught and I'd like to improve my speed, and partly because I want to keep up with what bear is up to.  He's having a great time, and I'm finding it curiously soothing.  I can't wait to see bear's essay on 'what I did in the holidays'.   

2 comments:

  1. Your new book looks interesting - who does the artwork for you - or is that the publisher? I would love to write a book it must be so satisfying (just a dream in my case!) I think I would be hopeless - I can barely write a blog post!!
    What kind of book is it murder mystery - the menacing nail biting kind or Agatha Christie Miss Marple type? - as you can tell I am new to your books and don't get out much.
    Did my stint at the hospital on Monday and got away with only £2.90 in the car park. We stopped on the way back at Ikea and had two cakes and two free drinks for £3. Not bad for a day out to Leeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you manage to get your head around the US tax system used at Smashwords ? I never did, I sent of two lots of info to the tax authorities and they returned them both saying it's not what they wanted - so I gave up, they keep changing their minds as to what they want so I won't be claiming anything, just putting it down to experience. At least I hope some people were helped with my book. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete