Pages

Sunday 11 February 2018

Cooking and Books

I am so buzzed because my pal Tom, aka Thomas Marlowe and writing as Finn Cullen has finally got his book out there!


It is an awesome read, I really recommend it.  I love the way it covers so much intrigue and so many different backgrounds.  And I got to read it almost first - I feel smug about that! 

Today has been a cooker challenge.  The new cooker has two ovens and today I used both!  I had chicken in the lower oven and crumble in the top oven.  I got quite giddy.  However there is a slight issue.  The old cooker was, frankly, useless.  The old fridge was a lot sturdier.  Now I have a working oven next to a modern fridge.  This worries me.  I've kept a few inches of air between them but when I tested the gap by putting my hand against the fridge it wasn't cold.  It was mildly tepid, only very slightly above room temperature, if at all, but not cold.  It worries me.  The fridge is in a spot between the cooker and the wall.  The only other places in the kitchen are in front of a radiator, in front of a cupboard or in front of the sink.  I'm going to have to reorganise a lot of things and I think that includes my dining room with the extremely sloping floor.  I ought to say 'Challenge Accepted' but I don't really feel up to the task.  I'll worry about that tomorrow.

And I am buzzed on cola and going to try and get the next instalment of Tales from the White Hart up tomorrow.  It's been planned as a smaller chapter after the drama of last time but sometimes things get away from me.  I've already junked one version.  Then I will be working on another novel that is a proper one that will come out in one go before going back to work on the oncoming Tales from the White Hart.  Thank you for all the awesome support.  I can't tell you how much it means to me.  I am incredibly flattered by your comments, especially those who say that it cheers you up.  That is a wonderful gift, thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sybil, try putting aluminum foil on the side of the fridge next to the stove. We did this with something that was several feet from the log burner and it makes a huge difference by reflecting the heat. It might be only temporary, until you can rearrange things, but it will help.
    Barb from Canada

    ReplyDelete