Pages

Sunday 27 May 2018

A Good Sunday

It's been a wonderful day.  We had a lazy morning and then went to my brother's house for a barbecue.  It was awesome.  We had loads of good food, lots of good conversation and a great time.  I stayed in the shade but DH caught the sun.  Bear seemed unaffected although he is exhausted now having raced around their gorgeous garden with their dogs and generally had an awesome time.

Their dogs are amazing.  One of them is an older dog who is going sort of deaf.  He still hears some food cues, but he doesn't always hear stuff that used to set him off barking (which is a relief).  He's probably part lab with all that comes with it and he's a darling.  The other dog isn't as easy.  They are both rescue and I think she had a hard time and she gets very anxious.  When she is anxious, she goes on the attack and it's quite scary, even in a little dog.  She barks, she growls and she carries on.  As bear isn't confident with dogs, it can be quite hard on him.  However he pushed back his fear and tentatively made friends with her, and she sort of made friends with him so he was throwing toys for her for a large part of the afternoon after the amazing food.  It was really sweet. 

The younger dog also bravely chased away the plane flying overhead with her relentless barking.  It must have worked as it went away without landing.  The older dog barked as well but you could tell he wasn't sure what he was barking about.  However the younger dog was barking, barking was obviously appropriate so he went for it with gusto.

Wean - I really don't know about affiliate marketing.  I won't have a proper chance to look until after half term, and I feel uncomfortable in some ways.  I link to stuff I talk about anyway, and I don't want to change the way I talk about what goes on in my world.  Also, I don't want to take advantage of people visiting here who I consider my friends.  It may not be for me.  Whatever happens, I'll share.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete