Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

Not a Bad Day

I bought the yarn! I bought 1200g of aran yarn (which turned out to be 25% wool) for £15. I plan to use the aran yarn for hats to knit over Lent. I'm planning on using this pattern here - it is amazing! It is a basic knitted hat, which gives the pattern for premies, babys, children, women and men in seven different yarn weights!



I also bought the teapot that Wherethejourneytakesme got, for the lovely tea that I was gifted. It is perfect for me, and it was nice to have an excuse to drive a little out of the way to Sainsburys in Dewsbury. Next time I may go to Sainsburys in Halifax, as I believe that it is massive!


I need to learn to take better pics.

It's been a day of internet pages. For dinner we had gluten free turkey meatloaf, from here, which I originally found on Reddit. It's incredibly healthy, with low fat turkey mince, ground almonds and lots of garlic, but I think next time I may add a few extra flavours. DH and bear loved it, though, and would like it again soon, please, if I don't mind. I had to convert it from US to English measures, though, and I think it could have done with some more ground almonds. I used this site here, which is normally epic and includes stuff like calculating your weight on other planets, but I think the 1/3 of a cup of ground almonds equalling 30g may have been a little light.

I accidentally bought double the amount of turkey mince needed. I can remember somewhere seeing a recipe which had a crumble topping which included readymade stuffing mix and I can't seem to remember where I saw it. It may just end up cooked with onions and gravy and served with mash.

Now I am going to settle down and get on with more writing stuff.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think Sainsbury's will give me commission on helping them to have another sale on the teapots! My daughter does all her baking with American cups - I am still on pounds and ounces and you can hear me chunter now when I have a recipe that is all in those dreaded grams!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you bought the yarn! :) Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete