Pages

Thursday 17 December 2020

I Avoided the Motorway

Libby - heck yeah! Great win for Liverpool and top of the table hopefully for Christmas!

Fiftr - I rang Delifresh yesterday about the order I have coming on Monday and they were really sweet and patient with me, especially as I was totally wrong about it. I've been really happy with my stuff from there, so I hope I haven't led you astray. I have given up pretty much on Morrisons apart from instore stuff. As for the lights, I was so bewildered at this point, I don't think I checked the price of the lights - I must be more under the weather than I thought!

I dropped bear off, picked up a few bits in Tesco and then considered my options. It was a half day for bear at school, so I would have to take half an hour to get home, which would take me to around 10am, then I would have to leave relatively early to get to pick up at 12.30pm because, in my experience, the roads are jammed on the last day of term, especially if it's a half day. It was hardly worth going home. So instead I drove along to a spot and turned right instead of left for the first time. I ended up driving around the edges of Wakefield, passing a few spots twice, and generally enjoying myself. A few times I passed turn offs to the M1 and I was a little tempted, but at one roundabout the exit to the motorway was actually gridlocked. The slip road and the approach lane on the roundabout were just queuing traffic. 

Then I brought bear home, stopping off at a farm shop for some veg for soup for dinner (which was awesome) and bear's favourite ice cream.

I'm still feeling v poorly. Lots of aches and pains. I think I will catch up with some more knitting and head for an early night.

Hugs and good health to all

No comments:

Post a Comment