Pages

Monday 29 May 2023

Stocking Up

Today I nipped into Tesco to get the stuff for the week. I'm hoping to stay away for a little while and avoid temptation. I knocked £14.85 off my bill by using my Clubcard. Some of the reductions aren't all that. There are a lot of 'sale' prices that aren't, or the Clubcard price is the right price and the non-Clubcard price is inflated, but one good deal was the hot sauce that DH likes. It practically never goes on sale, but this week it was £1.65 instead of £2.20 - and the £2.20 is the price it has been for some time. I got half a dozen bottles. I also loaded up on the meatfree chicken-type southern fried strips that bear likes that were 5 for the price of 4 and £2 instead of £3. To be fair, they go on offer quite often, so it wasn't quite the same thrill, but that was £8 instead of £15, so I'm happy enough, and bear likes them. 

When I got back, I noticed that our honeysuckle is coming out.


I'll try and get a better pic tomorrow. 

Bear continues being bear. He's sort of studying and sort of playing video games. He's a good lad, despite the whole issue with the coat hangers. I am also having issues prising his dirty washing from him. 

Birds have been coming back to the feeder, together with an enormous rat. It was in the middle of the afternoon and I saw it climbing on top and I leant out of the window and shouted at hit. The poor thing (that was roughly the size of a terrier) was so startled that it fell from the top of the pole and landed with such a thump that I thought it would crack the concrete under it.

I'm reluctant to lose the feeder, especially as the sparrows have really been feasting, but darn!

Writing stuff - this week's instalment is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got some good bargains at the store. Unfortunately, the old regular prices are now considered to be sale prices, here, too!
    The honeysuckle vine is looking great! I hope you are able to get rid of the rats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are going crazy - it's not easy keeping track at all.

      Delete