Pages

Thursday 8 June 2023

Perhaps it's the weather

Everyone in the house feels utterly worn down. DH is on his knees and today I was almost falling apart. I think I'm just weary of the running around.


I'm definitely feeling low because I bought some laundry thingy. You put a sheet in with an average load of laundry instead of powder, liquid or capsule. I love how little space it takes up and it cost £3.50 (on offer). I just had a quick look at the equivalent to Ariel and it seems fine. I usually use Ariel because it does the best job in my experience and is the least likely to aggravate my skin. I know someone who is allergic to everything including calomine and most antibiotics, and they can only use Ariel. Besides, my mother and grandmother both used Ariel. 

And this is why I know that I'm in a weakened and low condition. I have a stock of Ariel powder, from when bear was tiny and there was an excellent deal. I guess that I have enough powder left for over a hundred washes before I needed to buy more. And I always buy powder as apparently it's better for machines. But show me a gimmick on offer and I need all the strength I have to resist it. I don't have the energy. Still, at least it won't take up much cupboard space.

Bear said that the Further Maths exam today was tricky, and he has another exam tomorrow. Then another week, then one more exam. I'll be glad when it settles down. 

Hugs and good health to everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of laundry detergent sheets, but, then, I usually stick to powder. Well, now you have a back up stock of laundry detergent, once you've finished all the powder you have! You aren't being weak, you are planning ahead and stocking up for the uncertain future! I hope you are able to get some proper rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome with your hugs! I hadn't heard of laundry detergent sheets either. I've heard of soap paper, but not laundry. But it's a good brand so worth a shot!

      Delete
  2. I think the weather does get you down! I'm going through a tired all the time spurt. I go between not being able to sleep and wanting to sleep all the time. I think that's another menopause thing for me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear that the menopause was invented by a man!

      Delete