Pages

Monday, 20 July 2026

Death Pants

Do you remember last week when I posted that I was being outwitted by my trousers? It's here, for what it's worth. Well, apparently, the dirt cheap flimsy stretch cotton monsters that I bought last year and have been wearing for the sake of comfort, have been making headlines, including in the Irish Examiner here. Zara has a line of them, but they seem to be popular on all sorts of sites, including M&S who ought to know better. The fancy ones seem too fitted at the waist to hoick up to the armpits, which is a good way to deal with them, but I guess you can adjust the stretchy ones if you want to risk it. They are incredibly comfortable in warm weather, but... I'm not impressed and I think that I'll save them for heatwaves. 

Things are ticking over here. I got a kilo of carrots on sale and I got them sliced up and stashed in the freezer. I'm still re-stocking, but it's getting there. And now that it's a little cooler, I've picked up my knitting again. I started another hat for the Mission to Seafarers.


I'm feeling quite good about it. I've got to get a couple of sweaters knitted before autumn hits. Mine are so threadbare that you could use them to strain peas - and that's the ones without the holes. The fabric is just wearing away, so even if I had Bless's talent for mending clothes, they still aren't worth saving. And I really don't want to go out and spend money on sweaters when I have yarn, a pattern and needles, a new car to save for, and a hole in the roof. Though, to be fair, it isn't a big hole, but it needs to be tackled.

I'm not looking forward to changing cars. Our battery failed on Saturday. DH and I were all set to drive out to the park to feed the birds but the car just wouldn't start at all. We called the AA who replaced the battery for us. Because we pay a fortune for good cover, it only cost us £35 fitted, but it was replacing the original battery. That battery was eleven years old and they only have an expected life of five years. Red has been a brilliant car for us over the years. I'm going to miss her. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment