Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Bad Mother Again

Bear had custard and calpol for breakfast.

Poor lad is coming down with something green nosed and gruesome.  I shall be keeping a close eye on him.

However he is still basking in the glow of a really, really good parents' evening report, and has the presents to prove it.  Yesterday he watched Remembrance of the Daleks with DH and played computer games as well as playing with maths worksheets.  At the moment he loves loves loves numbers.  On the one hand I really hope this continues (nothing is guaranteed in a six year old) but I am facing up to the bitter fact that I struggle mightily with numbers.  If he carries on like this it will be him explaining things to me by this time next year.

Still I am carrying on the sums with the shopping.  I got some Famous Grouse for £11 per bottle.  Mr A wouldn't let me order more than three, but I still saved more than the delivery charge.  However the site won't let me order another lot.  I may have another go later.  We are finally getting to the bottom of the pile of Famous Grouse I got in the middle of September.  It would be nice to stock up for Christmas, but somewhat unrealistic.

I will soon be off to pick up bear soon.  He was so exhausted yesterday he wanted bed at 6.30pm, was asleep by eight and then came down at 8.30pm because he had nightmares about losing his rat and needed it to cuddle.  I think I may be able to manage some more custard for him.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, it was time. I am devastated, thank you for your kindness over the years xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mudgekin - just sending lots and lots and lots of hugs. You made the hardest, kindest decision. I know how much love you gave, and how much grief you must be feeling - you have lost someone very close. Please be kind to yourself. Praying for you. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete