Friday, 5 February 2016

I Made Two Diffusers

I blogged about making diffusers on 3 January 2016.  It wasn't very satisfactory.  I tried again today.

First of all, I found these


It's a bottle of a basil seed drink, which is apparently Good For You and available in Thailand.  Bear enjoyed his.  It turned out that they are the right size and shape for the whole diffuser thing, as worked out by me.

Once bear had emptied a bottle or two and I assembled my kit, I had this


That is, surgical spirit, essential oil, glass bottle with narrow neck, water and gemstone chips.  Getting the gemstone chips (remarkably inexpensive from eBay, but I got less volume than I expected for £3.29) into the bottle was a challenge, but I split it between two bottles and added the mixture left over from last time (50% water, 50% alcohol, loads of drops of essential oil).  I got this


The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The chips are lovely and iridescent and the liquid is very clear. It looks muddy in the picture.

And when it needs topping up it will not only be visible but use remarkably little.  The kit is stashed away for use in a few weeks time.  That's one thing off the list.  Eleventy ten to go.

1 comment:

  1. I've used Kikkoman sauce bottles (the iconicly shaped ones) and also empty sarsons vinegar bottles for reed diffusers. I haven't made my own stuff to go in there, I like those gemstone chips. I might give that a try. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete