Pages

Thursday 27 July 2017

First Day of the Holidays

It is the first day of bear's summer holidays, one day down and forty one days left to go.  He's hung out on the computer, read a little, practiced the piano at my insistence and a pal came round which involved more computer time, football and snacks.

I expect the rest of the summer to be much the same.  I'm not taking him to uncle's funeral.  They were not close before and as the dementia hit bear came to see him as someone scary.  He's old enough to get past that, really, but with a long list of naff raff reasons it sort of adds up to bear staying at home with DH and having more snacks.

Dinner tonight was good.  I cooked chicken breasts and adapted a recipe so they were wrapped in foil along with some lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and a very little oil.  It was a success.  I then watched the Women's Football and England beat Portugal.  I hope to get various cameras sorted out tomorrow so I can post a pic of my finished shawl.  It actually turned out looking like a shawl!  I mean, it is an easy pattern, but I'm still feeling good about it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Bear had a good 1st day of vacation. Hope the rest of the vacation will be a lot of fun, too.

    ReplyDelete