Pages

Monday 24 July 2017

Lull

Bear is now into Harry Potter.  I was a little worried that the later books would be too dark for him, but he's been fine so I've left him to it.  He's just about devoured the books and I think has a crush on Hermione.  He definitely identifies with Ravenclaw.

There are two more days of school, one of which needs special kit.

I have to pick up the death certificate tomorrow, the funeral is next week.  I think the poem I wrote before father's funeral still applies.

I just found an ant in the living room.

I am doing a stall at the church fair on Saturday and I'm not sure how much I need to do beforehand.

I am knitting in a random way.  I have no idea what I'll end up with.  I'm just interested to see what the house looks like when the shock wears off.  All bets are off.

For uncle, I think one of the best descriptions of his character comes in Luke 10:33-35, which we hope to use for a reading.  He would come out with all sorts of completely, outrageously, non PC and inappropriate comments - but would give the coat off his back to anyone, regardless of colour or creed.  He was a man out for all he could give.

Thank you for the kind comments.  They are much appreciated and have given me much comfort.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely poem, Lyssa. You'll get through this, too.

    Glad to hear that Bear is into HP. My daughter loved the series; the first 3 books had already come out before she started reading them when she was about 7 or 8. Bless

    ReplyDelete