Pages

Saturday 2 November 2019

Forgot to take Photos - Again!

Cherie - I am loving the driving, and I think it's seriously saving what's left of my sanity. It was lovely and dry when I set out this morning, but it started raining with emphasis on the way home.

I really needed a break this morning so I got into the car and went for a drive. I was considering going over to the Burnley side of the Penines, but the weather forecast was uncertain, and there had been heavy rain up on the tops, so I took my courage in my hands, got onto the bypass and headed out to just somewhere. I ended up turning up towards Harrogate and I had just gone past Harewood House, when I saw a sign for Otley and decided I fancied a trip there. It's not a main road, although there is a white line down the middle. There were lots of bends and corners and next time I'm definitely going to stop at a church I spotted. I didn't get a good look as I passed, but I checked back later and I passed St Mary and St Abanoub Coptic Church, which is a lovely but somewhat unexpected surprise in the middle of the West Yorkshire countryside.

I got stuck in Otley, and couldn't find anywhere to park. In the end I stopped at the Wharfedale Hospital as they had a ladies bathroom. I was rather disappointed that there wasn't a cafe but it was a very small hospital in the countryside, so I couldn't complain. Instead I took the opportunity to put Batley Tesco into the Sat Nav. I thought it might be a good run as the Sat Nav often takes me along interesting back roads. Instead the [insert very rude word here] took me through Bradford.

Bradford is not a good place to drive. It's confusing and complicated, but it's the drivers that make it. My driving instructor doesn't like driving there. From what I've heard, even the police don't like driving there. Fortunately for me, the Audis that were cutting me up mainly indicated first. It was like watching a racing track, seeing cars weaving in and out of the lanes. I was glad when I got out of there. Then I picked up some bits for dinner and came home. I did around fifty miles, which helped blow away some cobwebs.

I'm definitely going to have to work on parking in Otley.

This afternoon we all watched Spiderman: Far from Home - which was awesome. DH and I watched it at the cinema, but bear hadn't seen it, and he loved it.

Now we are settling in for the night. Hugs to all.

3 comments:

  1. You can park for 4 hours in the Sainsbury's car park for free. There is also unrestricted parking by the river. Buon Apps, an Italian restaurant, is opposite the spaces so would be a good postcode for the sat nav. It is a right turn just before the bridge you would have crossed to get to Wharfedale Hospital. Waitrose is 1 and a half hours parking but further out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can park for 4 hours in the Sainsbury's car park for free. There is also unrestricted parking by the river. Buon Apps, an Italian restaurant, is opposite the spaces so would be a good postcode for the sat nav. It is a right turn just before the bridge you would have crossed to get to Wharfedale Hospital. Waitrose is 1 and a half hours parking but further out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say both Sainsbury's and Waitrose have toilets.

    ReplyDelete