Pages

Monday 11 November 2019

Monday Happens Again

I am feeling very blessed that we are not affected by the floods happening in South Yorkshire. It is all over our local news and my heart goes out to the people displaced. It's cold here, as well. Today's school run had enough rain to make me nervous, but not enough to interfere. 

I called in at Aldi this morning. The first thing I noticed at the checkout was that there was a youngish man in short shorts and t-shirt. Did I mention it is cold here? It is wet, it is occasionally windy and it is cold. He wasn't wearing socks or anything, just some slip on shoes. I wondered how he managed it as I was bundled up in many layers. 

The second thing that I noticed depressed me. The person before me had a selection of fresh fruit, veggies and meat. There were a few bits of dairy, and I think there was some pasta. No processed food whatsoever. My haul was some processed cheese slices, a jar of pasta bake sauce, some ready grated cheese and some cola. 

To be fair to me, DH likes the slices, as they are the spicy Aldi cheese slices and a lot more piquant than the block cheese (I tried) and the grated cheese is because DH sometimes likes to add cheese to soup but wouldn't grate stuff. His is also the pasta bake, as he has requested the jar stuff and will have it two nights in a row. 

I can cook from scratch, but it doesn't often happen. I'm too disorganised and overwhelmed. I need to rethink a lot of what is going on. I am so disappointed in myself. I've been roughing out meals for the next week. DH has the second half of the pasta bake, but I need to think of something for bear and I. I may have a look at some ideas and see what I can come up with that involves fresh and unprocessed. We all like my homemade soups, so that is a start, especially if I stop buying ingredients ready prepared.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here

clear glass bottle with white flowers on table
Photo by loli Clement on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment