Pages

Thursday 1 October 2020

Knitting Time

It's been a quiet sort of day as I have been working on writing stuff. I left to pick up bear just before 2pm. It takes around 25-30 minutes to get to Morrisons at that time of day in normal circumstances and bear doesn't leave school until 3.15. I take the wait as knitting time (coming along quite nicely)


By the time I got near Morrisons, the queue of traffic was ridiculous. More parents are picking up their kids. There aren't enough bus seats, and even if they kids do get a seat, there is a heightened risk of infection. This means that Heckmondwike is gridlocked at school drop off and pick up times. I'm going to have to get there a lot earlier.

This potentially means more knitting time, but I can also take along a laptop for writing, and I will probably have to reschedule my walk to fit between my arrival at Morrisons and bear wandering up. I can probably fit quite a lot of shopping in as well. 

For some reason, the morning run isn't quite as bad, so I can usually drop bear and zoom off to Tesco, Aldi, Lidl etc before coming back and calling in on Morrisons and possibly a few charity shops and a Poundland type store while waiting for bear to finish school.

Or I can go straight home after drop off and sit with laptop/knitting while waiting at pick up. I still need to keep social distancing and appropriate restraint in shops in mind. 

Writing stuff - Today is the first day of October and so I've put up a slightly spooky post here. It's a poem that has been seen before, but I hope you can still enjoy it. There will be a new story tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment