Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2021

Wild Morning

We left the house early this morning for school, and within about ten minutes we were passing a field with a hare in it. I only caught a slight glimpse as I didn't want to drive into anything, but bear said that there were two and that they were running towards each other. I suppose that they may have been rabbits, but they were a lot larger than I would have thought and my instinct was, when I had that glimpse, was 'hare'. 

Then as we were cutting through a corner towards Batley, we saw a squirrel running along the side of the road. It was a part of the road where I couldn't go fast, and I slowed down even more to pass the poor thing. There are a lot of squashed squirrels on the road at this time of year. 

And then, after dropping bear off and heading for the park, I saw a rat run across the car park. I thought that was quite enough wildlife for the morning. 

At the park, I saw this.



I have no idea what it means. It ought to be a significant part of a story and a recurring theme. I suspect it's a conspiracy theory thingy.

It's been another quiet day. I'm getting more done working with a sort of Bullet Journal idea, but there's still a way to go. I'm not worrying about it tonight, though. Instead I plan to settle down with my knitting and the first in the new series of Sewing Bee and relax. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting wild life. I wonder if seeing them means anything? Wake Up. That's different. I'm awake sort of lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was watching the Great British Sewing Bee with its relaxed and impish presenters - all 3 of them - I came to the conclusion that these sorts of 'best artist/crafter' shows live and die on the chemistry between presenters. I disliked the Great Pottery Throwdown until the recent series where a different presenter lineup due to Covid meant all of them were very committed to pottery rather than having notional celebrities to front it up. And I really found the Britain's Best Jeweler that's started on Tuesdays very flat. Neither of the judges came over as really likeable and the presenter was floundering trying to squeeze some bonhomie out of them. Rampant cosiness, plackets, stitched pleats and bust darts are just what we need at the moment!

    ReplyDelete