Pages

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Darn it to Heck (again)!

Fifitr - there is a sewer down the middle of the street, I guess twenty or thirty yards from my kitchen door, and there's a beck just a few hundred yards away. Rats are inevitable. And they did look very sleek. I'd just rather pay for birdfood for the birds. I agree, the walk is the thing and I may have a good opportunity to have a long one tomorrow, back from the garage again. I couldn't drive anywhere today. As far as I can tell, there is little or no oil in the engine. I'll probably be just about okay getting my car to the garage two miles away, but I don't want to go further. Also, I hate throwing things out. I think I'm a hoarder, or at least a potential hoarder. I can see the use for so many things, or the potential, so it's hard to let go. And I am incredibly sentimental about things so it's hard to part with stuff from family.

The nice man came to service the boiler today. He found a leak in the heat exchange. It's going to be expensive. To be honest, the boiler must be around 11 years old, and this is the first major part that has needed to be replaced, so it could be worse. However he had to shut the boiler off, which means that we are without the boiler until Monday - if the part comes on time! We have a shower and a kettle, but it's still a nuisance. The cost of this is on top of whatever is needed for the car, plus the halogen oven is on it's way out and I ordered a new one before the blow about the heater. I could also do with a new microwave. It's not heating up to the standard it used to. I have been trying to remember when we got it, and I think it may have been when father was still here. It's probably just wearing out. I think I shall just see what I can get cheap. 

We got the boiler when bear was little and paid cash. However in that six month period, we also paid cash for a new TV (had to), new printer, new washer, new gear box for DH's car, etc etc etc. In fact, that may have been when we got the microwave as we went through a spell where we had to replace everything

And to reinforce that we need rewiring, the kitchen sockets circuit just blew because I had the brass nerve to have the washer, dryer and the kettle on at the same time. No more excuses. 

Having said that, I'm planning a knitting evening tonight as running down the stash is sort of a valid decluttering activity. 

On a bright note, I found some sweet pea in with the honeysuckle. The planters originally had sweet peas and I think this may have self seeded. I love sweet peas.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment