Pages

Tuesday 24 August 2021

I Survived School Uniform Shopping

It was a close run thing. I may take some time to recover!

I dragged bear out of bed and we went along to the school uniform shop in Dewsbury. I took a list with me as bear is a little bolshy about the school PE kit. The car park was weirdly fenced off. I don't know if there is something going on, but I'm glad I didn't go on market day. Instead I found plenty of space and paid 40p for two hours, confident that we would be in the shop for as short a time as possible. There were a lot of berries on the tree there. I wonder if it will be a hard winter.


We sorted out the games kit okay. There was a top, another top, PE socks, tracksuit bottoms etc etc. I think I forgot shin guards, but I'm confident that if I got them then bear would forget to pack them. Sigh. I went to look at the blazers. There were none left in his size. 

It is almost exactly two weeks before bear goes back to school. I didn't leave it until the last minute but wanted to leave it late enough to allow for growth spurts (and I'm fairly sure one happened a few weeks ago). There were very few blazers there at all. The lady at the counter, who had obviously had enough of it all, told me that there wouldn't be any more for three months. 

I called DH who managed to get through to the only other shop that does the required blazer and reserve one. It was eleven miles away at Brighouse, and the sat nav took my down some back roads. That meant a few wrong turns, a few u-turns due to being in the wrong lane and a closed road that meant that I had to detour. I was a nervous wreck when I finally found the place. But at least we got the blazer, and the way home was quite straightforward. 

I don't know how people are going to manage if they can't get blazers. The school are ridiculously strict about uniform. Their blazer is brown, as well. You can't just get a black blazer from M&S and sew on the patch from the last one. I would add - it wasn't inexpensive either!

I've spent the rest of the day hanging out with DH. I still can't believe that it's only Tuesday after a whirlwind of complicated driving and panicking. Bear was also livid that I didn't get the blazer online, but that was one thing that I really wanted him to try on. 

I think I will get away for an early night.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment