Pages

Saturday 11 December 2021

Random as Ever

Wherethejourneytakesme - after reading your comment, I wonder if the owner was planning on leaving the dog. He did look very well cared for, though, and the Morrison's staff would look after him.

Sharon - I believe that a lot of dogs are really suffering with separation anxiety now. It's completely understandable, but it doesn't make life easier. 

Meanqueen - I don't like seeing dogs tied outside a big store. The dogs tied at the doorway at the newsagents at the end of the street, where they can see their owner pick up their paper and a loaf of bread, that's one thing. Some of the dogs get unhappy with just that. But to leave a dog outside a large supermarket, which will take a good while to get around and then pay, seems cruel to me. It was a little cutie as well, like a Scottie dog, and it looked so well cared for with a lovely coat. 

I really haven't felt up to much today. I ought to be doing so much. I don't feel that I've achieved much either. On the other hand, I've rearranged the furniture in the living room. It's been on my mind for a while, and I just got on with it today instead of sorting out the study. I may not have got done what I needed to do, but at least I got something done. It was a matter of moving the small sewing table next to me instead of the drinks cabinet (which we use for junk and medicines), the drinks cabinet to the corner near the door where the blanket chest was and the blanket chest under the window where the small table was. It has made a difference because the drinks cabinet blocked the light more so the room looks a lot more airy. I'm also failing at pompoms for the pompom wreath. 

I nipped out for some bits in the late afternoon, and it's already going a little crazy in the supermarket. I think I'll go in first thing after school drop off from now on until after Christmas. I don't need much, but I will want to keep up with fresh fruit, a few bits of veggies and I need to keep an eye out for the good stuffing and the brandy butter. 

Writing stuff - I need to do a lot of writing as well. And while I'm talking about writing, the sale on ebooks at Three Furies Press has been extended to 20th December, and you can find them here. It's as good a time as any to pick up a bargain!

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. At least you got something done! I didn't get a lot done at all lol. I hate going to the shops late in the afternoon or on the weekends. It's even getting busy in the week when I do go. I usually try to do it all together, but I can just about stand one or two places before I get a bit anxious.

    ReplyDelete