Pages

Friday 10 December 2021

Woof!

Wherethejourneytakesme - thank you!

Today has been a quiet sort of day, with some pottering around and a little writing. On the way to pick up bear, I nipped into Morrisons. I liked the look of their fresh Christmas wreaths and I also liked the little robin planters. They are not nearly as aggressively assertive as the actual robins that call on our feeder, but they look cheerful. 

On the way into the store I passed a little dog. This dog was not happy. Its owner had left it tied up outside and the dog felt abandoned. It was lost, alone and suffering. Surely its owner would never come back and the dog would be left in the limbo of Morrison's entrance for ever! Woe! The dog was not keeping its feelings to itself. It was heartbreaking, it was loud and it was persistant. 

I whizzed around Morrisons, as I only really wanted the wreaths, and I picked up a litre of the rice milk that bear likes as I had 10% off with the Morrison app. I ended up paying at the far end of the store. As I was waiting, perhaps ten minutes after I entered the store, I heard an announcement over the tannoy. "Will the owner of the dog at the entrance please come to the... dog." There was such desperation in that last word. Whoever was announcing this couldn't take another whimper - and I couldn't blame them. The dog looked safe, well tied up and in a sheltered spot. It had looked well fed and looked after. Unfortunately, after the lockdowns and the owner no doubt being around all the time, a lot of dogs don't cope well with being separated. All I know is that when I dashed out and back to the car, there were no sounds of canine anguish. 

Bear had a non-uniform day today. Apparently it was supposed to be a Christmas sweater day, but bear just went in a red shirt. I can't say I blame him. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Poor dog at least he wasn't abandoned like so many have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Dog! One of my daughter's dogs had separation anxiety (she was a rescue) before this but is now worse. Daughter's work has decided to work from home for good which helps all the dogs, just makes it quite lonely for daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to see a dog tied up like that. I have been known to hang around and wait to see who comes for it. If the dog is pleased then it is probably the owner. If it shows no emotion it could be someone stealing it.

    ReplyDelete