Pages

Friday, 14 August 2026

Not a Good Day

Some things went right today. I got a load more stories posted on the non-spooky blog, and I must be getting to the end of that. It's taking me some time as they don't copy over easily and I've had to do a certain amount of fiddling around to make sure that everything fits, each post has a picture, and the pictures that aren't mine have proper attributions. 

I have a headache. I have a big headache. I'm sure that I'm not alone as the heat does not suit me, and my stomach is telling me that I had something that didn't agree with me, so I feel like death. 

The headache was not helped by the government's alert going off. I'd say that you don't need to tell people not to use things like disposable barbecues or fireworks when the entire country is tinder dry and ready to go up in smoke, but there's a warning for nuts on a jar of peanut butter for a reason.

I am about to write about eight-legged problems. Here is a cute picture of a kitten to soothe anyone accidentally reading when they didn't want to, and it's the last part of the post so you can skip it.

Photo by Tuqa Nabi on Unsplash

Our house is currently over supplied with cellar spiders. You can find them on Wikipedia, if you really want to look. They look incredibly creepy, but they're generally harmless to humans and prey on other spiders. I take the view of live and let live and wish that they'd also go after the fly that got in yesterday and we haven't managed to squash yet. 

The live and let live part was tested when of those spiders decided to hang their latest meal directly over where we were planning to eat ours. Did I mention my upset stomach? DH was a hero and sucked up the scene with the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner, because while I'm happy for spiders to scuttle off into the corners, there are some things where I draw the line. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment