There's a load of writing stuff here, so feel free to skip. However, it's the reason why I've been skimming over blogs and not doing much apart from that writing stuff.
It's far too hot for me. If we keep getting summers like this, where there's more than a couple of weeks of temperatures higher than 25C, I'm going to have to consider getting some form of air conditioning. It would have to be the portable type, though, as our house is the opposite of open plan. There are currently a lot of fans going.
I've not done any gardening, because I've been too hot and also I've been distracted by the writing stuff. I didn't really bother with the eclipse yesterday, though I kept an eye on the light levels out of the window. It was strange seeing how the light changed and faded. Bear and DH had a little wander outside, but it didn't get completely dark. I feel that we've been sold unrealistic expectations by films. Besides, it wasn't going to be a full eclipse here, though it was still a little spooky.
Writing Stuff - The quote that I made on Canva hits the nail on the head. I wrote a post explaining that I won't be posting on my Wordpress writing blog after October, which you can read here on the Wordpress blog and here on my revived Blogger writing blog but it boils down to me not really clicking with Wordpress and that it costs me money in the way it's set up and Blogger is free. Then I sat down to go through 598 posts to work out what I could transfer over en masse, like the collections for Under Dark Hills and Invitation Accepted and what I had to copy over individually. I noticed a lot of stories that had been saved on my Wordpress blog as drafts were the non-spooky stuff, as the supernatural stuff is sort of my brand. It felt right to take them off a blog that was mainly supernatural, but I liked some of them. We may be looking at as many as thirty separate stories.
Did you know that you could publish a book on Amazon that is as short as one page long? Nope, I'm not doing that, but I could definitely expand and re-imagine some of my non-spooky stories on there as short reads, and I may well do in the future. However, as I explained in the post, I'm worried about losing the stories and it seems a shame to leave them in the dark. I mean, it's not great literature, but I think that they're okay. So, being unsupervised, overheated and thinking it was a great idea at the time, I set up yet another blog for just the non-supernatural stuff. You can find it here. I've only got about half a dozen posted on there at the time of typing, but it shouldn't take me too long to get things sorted, especially if I stop getting distracted by reading the old stories. I was reminded of one of my favourites, Domestic Demon and it made me smile.
Thank goodness there's cooler weather in the forecast, and hopefully I won't get too lost in this jumble of posts.
Hugs and good health to all.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment