Pages

Monday, 24 August 2026

Where Did the Day Go?

I'm just dashing through because I want to keep posting here about non-writing stuff. I've not really had time to read up on the blogs as there's a workman coming round tomorrow and I need to get stuff cleared. Bear was supposed to help, but didn't, so I may have to grumble a little at him. Mind you, he helped bring in the shopping of the delivery...

...except I'd messed up the delivery so we got three packs of the water he likes, two bags of the salad DH likes, and one large bottle of rum (which actually I quite like) which was added to take the total up to the delivery minimum to hold the slot, and nothing else besides. I forgot to update it. When it comes to deliveries, I usually book them well ahead and then tweak it nearer time. Though it doesn't match the order years and years ago when father was here. There was a great deal on Famous Grouse, his favourite tipple, but a maximum of three bottles per order which I'd filled with the previous order. This meant that the order the next day was solely three bottles of whiskey and a bag of cat litter, and the driver judged us.

And bear has done something interesting with his wrist, which dragging in the packs of water didn't help. I still may grumble lightly. I did a little myself, and I ought to get up at the crack of dawn and do more.



A lot was just clearing the various pots. 

And I've been caught up in a load of writing stuff. Anyway I hope to have something more sensible to talk about tomorrow. 

Writing stuff - The next instalment of The Guest is here on Blogger and here on Wordpress

If anyone would like a review copy of An Inexpensive Ring please let me know. If you leave a comment on the Wordpress blog with contact details, I won't publish them and I'll get in touch. The blurb reads:

An Inexpensive Ring is a light-hearted short story featuring mischievous kittens, an imminent visit from a mother-in-law, complications with an inexpensive ring, and a choice that could only go one way.

A quick read to make you smile.

It's a free read in the hope that you'll leave an honest review (and if you don't enjoy it, then the hope is that you'll be honest, but also tactful). 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment