But it happened just as DH picked up the hire car to take bear back to university tomorrow, so no-one was stranded after the AA towed Red to the garage (and the man was absolutely lovely!). And it didn't happen on the moors above Ilkley after the satnav sent us on an unexpected tour of the less paved roads.
However, with other things, I feel absolutely flattened. I'll catch up properly later, but here's an out of date pic of the garden with a block of mulch on - it's that compressed coir stuff that needs water adding and then it poofs out. Nothing has apparently died yet. I need to add another block.
And the link to an article about a change in how my books will be published that isn't strictly my choice is here (blogger) and here (wordpress). I'm getting a little tired of all the changes, most of which are my fault, but it's still tiring.
Hugs and good health to all.

Oh yikes, that sounds scary!
ReplyDeleteA long wait, but glad you were able to get a hire car to get Bear back to Uni.
Bear is safely away and I miss him.
DeleteThe car broke down just off one of the busiest junctions in Leeds. Everyone knows that if there's a breakdown or crash there, it brings the west side of the city to a standstill and it is notoriously busy, even when it's not rush hour.
But I feel like the car sort of held on until we had already got the hire car to take bear (for space), and she didn't break down somewhere like a back road or on the hills. I was stressed, but it could have been so much worse.
It always happens eh. Clutches, fridges, stoves they all go more or less at the same time. You garden is coming along. Jean from the Centre of Canada
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jean. A few years ago we went through a spell where it all went wrong - boiler, clutch, washing machine, printer, tv... I think we spent out over £10k over six months. I hope that this isn't the start of another run.
DeleteI'm glad it didn't happen when you were driving home from the vacation spot!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a relief when I realised - it felt bad enough on a main road near home!
Delete