Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Feeling overwhelmed

It's not just Christmas.  Each year I do less for Christmas and it really isn't a problem.  We are still too full to eat Christmas pudding until tea time, we still have plenty of goodies and we still have more than enough alcohol (thanks father!)

It's also the tidal wave of bear's birthday.  I've booked the party.  Father says he has booked the hall.  I am on pins because I'm not sure he has.  When he says he has booked it, he has probably thought about it.  All I can say is that it's the last party I throw for bear before he's eighteen.  I'll still do things for him.  I may take him and his friends bowling or to the pictures, but this is the last party.

Up until now it has been soft play parties.  They are lovely.  You turn up with your cake and guest list and everything else is sorted out for you.  This includes party bags.  This year I've booked a Sublime Science party which means I need to sort out the party bags myself.

I had a look on my friend ebay and found some Doctor Who party bags.  Bear is obsessed with Doctor Who so I thought they would be ideal.  I picked up the party bags.  The listing said that they 'may be near to or just past their sell by date'.  I can live with that.  However the sweeties in the ones that arrived were eighteen months past their sell by date.  The seller was not particularly helpful about this but bear suggested that we take the sweets out and put our own in.  As the stickers and puzzle book don't go out of date I thought this a very sensible idea.  So that is another thing on the list.

I am going to try and get some quiet time tonight and go through everything.  It doesn't help that I've decided to get all my calendars and notes under one log in.  I have reams of notes and information stored in the ether.  It is a time for lists.  I'm not even near ready for putting the Christmas tree up, either.

Also uncle has moved ward into a rehabilitation ward.  They think he may be in there some time.  When I visited his bungalow on Sunday the damp was very bad and the board he uses to spread things out on had gone very mouldy.  We all live too far away to keep an eye on it.  I don't know what to do about that.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're OK Syb, haven't heard from you in a while?

    ReplyDelete