Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

I Finished a Project!!!!!

The yarn I bought yesterday now looks like this


But while it is a scarf, it isn't a very long scarf.  That is what you get with 200g of mega chunky wool.  200g of three ply would make a very different piece.  I did use twisted loop stitch to eke it out.


But that only goes so far.

Speaking of knitting projects, the cushion I knitted a long time ago is now getting smelly.  I am not sure how well it will wash, but will have a go.  It's stuffed with unravelled sweaters which make the best cushion lining ever, but are a poot to wash.

I wish I could remember how I knitted the thing, it's older than bear, I think.  I do remember that I enjoyed the challenge of the smocking, I think you slipped one, knitted seven and passed the slipped stitch over but I couldn't swear to it.


As I am sitting next to the heater, I think it is time for a new project.  Until that's finished I shall wash and hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment