Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Like Mother Like Son

The Lakeland Catalogue has come.  It doesn't seem to have as much as the old ones, but I suspect that is because it is all online.  This is a nuisance as I can never remember my Lakeland password and trying to reset it never goes well.  It's worth the effort.  I've got some things I think I will actually need from there, and some I want, and I can see me spending a lot of today browsing.  There's no rush.  I can savour the whole experience.

I've been at a loss for bear for Christmas and birthday presents.  He doesn't need pens, rubbers, sharpeners, rulers or paper.  I have no idea what he will want on the day, but last year the big present he pined for was rejected after one use so I am not optimistic that this year will be different.  He will definitely be getting books, and we are lucky enough that clothes don't need to be a Christmas present.  We really do not want to get a lad turning nine a playstation or an x-box.  He has a pc, there's no need to add to that.

Fortunately for the sanity of me and Father Christmas the Bright Minds catalogue arrived.  Bear fell on it like the wolf on the fold.  Last night there was a moment where I was flicking through the Lakeland catalogue going, 'It's how much?!?' while bear was flicking through the Bright Minds catalogue going, 'But it's only...'  He wants everything except the girls' stuff.

I am not getting him a telescope.  Nor am I getting, well, half of the stuff.  I do admit that it's made my life a lot easier.

The heating came on for the first time this morning.  There is a lot of stuff I ought to be doing now.  I'm not.  Today is a hibernation day.  I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment