Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

EBay Under the Influence

It could have been worse.  Dave Gorman tells of a time when he didn't realise he had ordered a hot air balloon from eBay until it arrived at his house. I'm not accepting that challenge.  The list, while drunk in charge of a laptop, is


  • 8 cloth napkins - it could have been worse.  I've been considering them for a while but was considering making some.  These cost less than the equivalent fabric would unless I got a serious deal
  • A plate drainer (needed)
  • A cutlery drainer (needed) - these two were sort of needed as I can't get the current ones properly clean but I was putting off buying them until I really, really, really, really wanted them.
  • A duvet cover - looks like we're getting new placemats.  
  • A bathroom bin - I've been looking for a decent one for ages and hopefully this will do the trick
  • Medieval England - Rural Society and Economic Change 1086 - 1348.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it will be awesome with the series of fantasy novels I have ideas for kicking around at the back of my head.
Compared to the stuff I've ordered while sober, I think I got off very lightly!

4 comments:

  1. This made me LOL! Yes. It could have been worse and I was expecting to read worse. haha. I think you did quite well and show good sense while being tipsy as you've probably did more damage when sober. ;) I can't imagine going to the door and receiving a Hot Air Balloon. My hubby would call the white coats for sure after he killed me. My hubby has a great love affair with ebay. He spends a lot of time there. Little packages of only he knows what tools they are are always showing up here. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely done worse sober - the example of the ninety ties gets trotted out on a regular basis. DH is with you - he'll look at a package with a sceptical expression and just walk away lol! I hope you have a good weekend as well. LM x

      Delete
  2. That made me laugh, I fall asleep if I drink so I don't have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a few attempts to get the PayPal password right. I think I should take that as a sign in future.

      Delete