Pages

Sunday 2 December 2018

Making Space

I went with bear's pal's mum for a coffee and she kindly took a few more bags of old clothes to the charity shop in her car.  I think I have a lot further to go.  Still, at least there is a small start.  We had found that there was a local PDSA shop open on Sunday, but today we spotted that the Mind shop was also potentially open on a Sunday.  That has to be worth a look.  I feel quite smug as I managed to avoid buying anything, despite temptation, except a hot chocolate from Costa. 

To be honest, I need to be buying.  I have completely lost track of what I have and have not got for bear, but I know I'd like to pick up a few more bits.  Traditionally he has got a new bag for Christmas, but this year he doesn't need one, so I'm not sure what to do. 

For those who don't remember, when bear was coming up to three or so, I forgot to get a stocking for him.  DH didn't believe that bear would miss having a Christmas stocking so we didn't panic until around 4pm on Christmas Eve when bear asked where his stocking was.  I gave him a pillowcase and then used a lot of the littler presents to fill an inexpensive small drawstring bag with a Ben10 logo that I had got as part of bear's Christmas presents.  The pillowcase was swapped with the stuffed bag, I complained about Santa nicking my pillowcase, and the tradition started.  Bear got a new school bag filled with stocking stuffers at the foot of his bed on every Christmas morning. 

Bear does not need any sort of bag this year.  Actually, he doesn't need much at all!  Last year I think I used a Harry Potter cushion cover, but that wasn't successful, and a pillowcase is far too big.  There are usually things like fancy pencil sharpeners wrapped up in Christmas paper, a selection of sweeties, a puzzle book and some coloured pencils or similar.  I want to get him stuff that's fun, but we're going to have to pack up the house when I finally get the re-wiring sorted out, which I need to do SOON. The less junk we have to store the better while that is going on!  It's going to be interesting! 

Writing Stuff - Today is Day Two of the 12 Days of Indie.  There are some awesome books at a great price, so if you are looking for great reads to stash over Christmas, do go over and have a look! 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete