Pages

Thursday 23 May 2019

Hello Huddersfield!

Pam - that is a really good idea and I'm going to be trying that!

I had a driving lesson today. I told my awesome driving instructor that I was still recovering from yesterday's adventure, so why didn't we try something easier. Hah!

Now the first thing he did was give me a route to Dewsbury Market which is just across from the shop I need to go for bear's uniform. It was fairly straightforward, though I need to work on changing lanes. There is a really good car park near there, which is incredibly inexpensive and also great for practising parking. Then we went off and driving in unfamiliar places.

Jill - we went through Middletown, Wakefield (I thought of you when I saw the sign), and past the National Coal Mining Museum. Then we ended up (somehow) in the middle of Huddersfield. I have been to Huddersfield in the past, but only by bus or train and, like most British towns, it has a strange and wonderful one way system plus strange routes in the centre of town. My driving instructor made me use only the road signs to navigate out of there. It's slightly harder when you are driving, but I have been a navigator in all sorts of places for nearly forty years so it was less unfamiliar than it could have been.

Then I went home briefly before nipping out to Aldi then picking up bear, taking him and a pal for an ice cream and getting some of the good ice cream for over the bank holiday weekend.

Dinner was more or less okay (chicken with pasta) and now I am going to collapse. Tomorrow I plan to do minimal driving just taking bear to and from school by the usual route and then it's the weekend!

Hugs to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete