Pages

Sunday 12 May 2019

I Failed at Baked Potato

I haven't got a pic, which is perhaps just as well. Bear decided he would like a baked potato for lunch, with cottage pie for dinner. I bung a potato in the microwave with a sigh of relief. Except I judged it wrong. I guessed the time for a much larger potato. When I pulled it out, I hit it with a fork and it made a 'ding' noise. It reminded me of those stones that you hit other stones with to make stone tools. It could be used as a weapon. Bear and I decided that we would try again. This time it wasn't too bad (though it wasn't brilliant) but I think that there had been a bruise so one corner of the potato was charred and desiccated. Bear had cheese on toast.

How can I not make a baked potato in the microwave? I'm going to work on it. I can see a long stretch of baked potatoes for my lunches so I can get it cracked. I have made successful souffles, but I can't fry an egg. I'm not a fancy cook, but I've done all sorts of stuff with potatoes. I just can't get it right with a microwave. If I have the oven on for something else, I make awesome baked potatoes, but I am still with oven issues so I need to work it out. And because bear needed a sympathetic ear during the afternoon over some very convoluted issues with homework, I didn't get the cottage pie done either. On the other hand, I was ahead with school uniform and kits, so that is something.

I'm looking forward to driving tomorrow. I'm really grateful for all the tips about parking.

Kate - I've tried to get into the habit of always locking my doors when driving. I knew someone who was at lights and a thief opened her door and grabbed her handbag! As for the rest, I'm usually thinking about something else. I would totally get kidnapped.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete