Pages

Friday 7 August 2020

Trying to Make Informed Decisions

 The trouble with trying to make informed decisions, is that the information is missing, incomplete or has dubious authority.

For all sorts of reasons, mostly connected to it being near bear's school, when I shop instore, I shop mainly in Tesco and Aldi in Batley. I like Tesco stuff. Some other stores do certain items better, but on the whole and by and large, I like Tesco, with occasional preferences from Aldi. 

Batley has been considered a hotspot, along with all of Kirklees, so I switched to Morrisons, in Kirkstall. Now Kirkstall has been identified as a hotspot. 

I'm considering getting a delivery, but I'd rather leave those to people who need them. I think I will have to make a call and say that I'll go back to Tesco in Batley and be meticulous with the face masks and hand sanitiser.

That's my best guess. Cases are rising faster in Kirkstall than they are in Kirklees. I'm dreading the return to school. I just wish I knew what to do for the best. Do I watch the local hotspots and drive around? Do I keep doggedly going to the same places but keep all precautions going? 

On the bright side, bear has decided that he likes the mango sorbet from Aldi and wishes to heartily recommend it.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I'd suggest keeping an eye on the delivery slots. I understand what you say about leaving the deliveries for people who need them but if you keep checking back there are often slots that haven't been taken or have become available when a delivery had been cancelled. These are often for delivery bin the next few days so if they haven't been taken, you are just as entitled to them as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy. Luckily the cases where I am are pretty low. We've been wearing masks a while and the shops are finally becoming more strict so lots more people are wearing them. I feel fairly comfortable going to the shops. I just do my thing and take precautions. You've got to do what's best for you. Perhaps some days that will mean going to the shops and other times having a delivery (if you're feeling particularly stressed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyssa, I've just finished reading 'Out of the London Mist' and wanted to let you know how very much I enjoyed it and was sad to have it finish. I'm already looking forward to the sequel. Thank you for the escape. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the option of a curbside pick up - where you order stuff online, but, instead of having it delivered, pick it up from the parking lot of the grocery store? Would that work for you? I alternate between having groceries delivered and store pick up. The mango sorbet sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete