Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Accidental Delivery

Bless - if you have an Aldi near you and it's safe to go in, their yarn is okay. It's cheap, and isn't bad. I had a look at Aldi US, and didn't see any yarn there, but it may pop up on their specials and apparently they have started doing curbside. Here we can get stuff mail order - and I frequently do! I'm looking forward to the sweater!

I'm not sure what I've done today. I got a Morrisons order because I forgot to cancel it. Fortunately there was no frozen stuff (there is absolutely no room!), but I'm going to have to use up a lot of potatoes. That's not exactly a hardship, though. It wasn't a big order, and it was stuff that I can use, so it could have been worse. One thing that regularly annoys me is that they turn up early and don't warn me. I'm always caught halfway through stuff. He was pleasant enough, which is always a bonus, so I'm not grumbling too much.

I've done some washing. I didn't put it out in the garden as it was quite damp early on. I should have put it out later in the day. I'll know next time. Our garden doesn't get sunlight between November and February because of the shade thrown by the laurels across the road, but it's getting to the point where drying is possible. Instead I hung it on an airer in the kitchen rather than use a tumble drier. I'm also doing an extra spin cycle to help clothes dry quicker.

I've been curiously proactive today, possibly because I'm avoiding some writing, but I've got some ironing done and cleared out a few bits. I need to crack on with the bobble hat because I suspect I'll need those particular sized needles for the sweater kit for Lent. 

Bear hasn't eaten a lot today, and has done a lot of computer gaming. I'm keeping an eye on him. On one hand I need to encourage him to revise. On the other hand, I want to respect his mental health. I'll see if I can pick up some healthier junk food for him. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lyssa. I looked online at the Aldi site and their weekly ad. I do have a couple of Aldi stores in the area and it's good to know that they are now doing curbside pick up. I don't think they sell yarn over here - I did a search for yarn and nothing came up!

    Sounds like you are well stocked when it comes to groceries and have had a productive day! I'm sure bear will go back to revising after he's had a break from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't got a lot done. I have been procrastinating a lot. I have a lot of things I need to do and lots that I want to do, but I struggle with the motivation to get going. I did do a meal plan and the food shop so I suppose that's a plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely turned into a drying outdoors kind of day here. Would Bear snack on nuts and Berries if you put them in a bowl on his desk. Maybe some chunks of cheese too.

    ReplyDelete