Pages

Sunday 19 February 2023

Lovely and Quiet

Sharon - Sometimes I look at places as part of research, like castles when I was writing King's Silver. Sometimes I hear stories when I visit. There was a plaque which said that the house was built by the Battly family, but the grandson died in a duel over gambling debts and there were no further heirs. I can't help but wonder, 'what if'. I don't know if you remember, I Never Knew Her Name that I wrote a few years back, but that was directly inspired by something that I saw in a place. It's still one of my favourite stories. 

Bless - thank you! They have some nice gardens and I hope to take some more pics later.

It's been wonderful and quiet today. I'm cherishing every second. I've done a little washing, made a pleasant dinner (sausage and mash, which the men very much appreciated) and done quite a bit of writing. I've a lot to do tomorrow, so after this I will be sitting down and making a list of what, where and when. 

I've got to keep an eye out for bear. He's being remarkably chill but has two exams tomorrow so will need a little fuss.

For those interested - a link to Sporcle and a quiz about terrible puns here. No-one who knows me would be surprised that I got 100%

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've enjoyed a quiet day and thank you for mentioning sausage and mash; I think you've meal planned my dinner for me! :D I've both sausages and potatoes and I could make a salad to go with it and cook a bit of broccoli or something. :)

    ReplyDelete