Pages

Thursday 10 October 2024

As Expected

I meant to have a sitting still day. I meant to have a 'keep up with the writing' day. I could possibly go for 'finishing that dratted shawl' day. 

I listed another lot of yarn on eBay, then I went to list this.


And I thought about it. I could turn this into a sweater as I had originally planned. However I wanted to knit blankets. I thought that I may possibly be able to sell blankets. I may as well knit the dratted blankets. I decided against listing yarn that could be turned into blankets and I'm rethinking some of my ideas. 

Of course, the sitting day turned out to be... 

I rummaged in my room and cleared out a load of rubbish. I moved a load of stuff around in the kitchen that should eventually make things a lot easier all round. I hung up all of bear's over-fabric-softener-scented kit to air, washed my bedding and got quite a bit of writing done as well as cracking on with the shawl. I even managed to take the recycling out, though the steps were a significant problem.  

I'll be honest, the pain is wearing me out. That doesn't mean that I can't be awkward, difficult and generally contrary. So, as expected, I've done the opposite of what I meant to do. I wish that I didn't. I don't feel in control of my fate and it's wearing me down. 

Writing stuff - I'm not taking part in the October Frights this year. I'm trying to concentrate on other stuff which may end up on Amazon. That doesn't mean that I don't adore AF Steward and the October Frights Blog Hop and I've written a quick post with links that you can read here

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. That yarn is beautiful. I think it will make a great sweater or blanket or at least a couple of shawls. You accomplished a lot on a designated "sitting day"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really nice yarn, but the pattern I got for it was just that bit too complicated for me to want to bother about. I think that it will make a great blanket.

      Delete
  2. tip for those who have a wool problem ...vacuam sealer bags twice as much in the same space and you can kid yourself your short of wool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a genius! And possibly a bad influence... But definitely a genius.

      Delete