I still haven't done anything worth taking a pic of, so I spent a little time playing on Canva. I have no artistic skills whatsoever, and I couldn't draw anything, not even if someone held a gun at my head, so playing around with the programme is quite satisfying. And, as far as I know, none of the stuff I've used has been AI generated.
First of all, I dug out a book.
And I'm fairly sure that it's older than AI. I've been dipping into it for over twenty years, and the copyright date is 1997, so someone had to do some oldfashioned research to pull it together, not to mention that there is a massive index. The book is 740 pages long!
I was looking for something with a little glamour, something that was striking. I ended up being reminded by the book, but looking the full thing up online, and found this.
Gerard Manley Hopkins wrote some poems that were so wonderful dense with imagery that it's hard to tease out any meaning. I have no idea if this is supposed to mean anything but I love the idea of the star citadels, filled with fire people, looking down on us.
And while I was leafing through the quotes, I also found this quote from Horace, the Roman writer.
I love the sentiment, but I had a lot of trouble finding a good way of displaying it. I guess that today I had a lesson in working with graphics - and it was fun! I swear sometimes that I'm half magpie, and looking through all the pretty backgrounds and pictures made me so happy.
Writing stuff - Today's instalment of The Guest is here.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment