Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

End of Week Report

Last week I set myself some targets.  I was going to clear the dining room.  That is a fail, though it is slightly clearer.  I suspect it will be at least another few weeks at the same rate, because there is a lot of ironing to clear - which keeps being replenished - and then I need to find homes for a lot of the stuff I am clearing.  Most of that will be in a charity shop, but a home still needs to be found.  It also has to work around the demands of other things.  

I was going to use at least 100g of yarn on bear's blanket.  I achieved that, and it was helped by a really good session of knitting while watching a recording of Much Ado About Nothing.  I dropped a few stitches while laughing, but nothing irreversible.

I was going to write 5000 words.  This is worrying me.  I managed a sentence.  On that occasion it was father interrupting me, but there have been plenty of times when I've opened the documents or headed towards the computer to open the document and been ambushed by father/bear/DH/unexpected visitors.  I've been working with Thomas Marlowe on a new writer's prompt site.  The first prompt goes up tomorrow, and that should be fun.  Anyone who is interested in creative writing could take a look - Light and Shade Challenge - you have a choice of writing 500 words inspired by a prompt on Monday or 100 words on Friday, or both, or neither if they don't take your fancy.  It is not a competition and if you are unsure it will be a place to try things.  Tom and me are both keen on making it a safe place.  I think it will be a lot of fun and I've set aside time I know I won't be able to write to work on it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to write a piece for the prompts.  Mind you, I've written for other sites during bear's full description of a nerf gun so I suppose I will be able to fit that in.

Next week it will be same again.  I need to clear the dining room, use 100g of yarn on bear's blanket and write 5000 words.  I am not giving up.  I may have to do some careful planning, but that's what the challenge is about, finding ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment