Pages

Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter!

Christ is risen and I have broken my Lenten fast.  40 grade C denim shirts are on their way.  Sigh.  I've picked up some interfacing and bias binding for the first few projects.  I may do some browsing later on for items at 99p and not much postage that would be useful.

We went to do some clearing at uncle's house.  It was incredibly depressing.  We had to throw a lot of things out that were covered with mold and mildew or that had been attacked by mice.  There were plenty of things that had been lovely but were now so pitted by rust that they were only fit for recycling - no charity shop would even take them.

So we got rid of things like empty envelopes from 1958 and the like and filled a huge Hippo bag.  We filled one of these in three hours.


It's about the size of a mini skip.

I brought back a few bits of clothing for uncle, there wasn't much and some I rejected as it was full of mildew.  I can cope with a few spots, but these were riddled and I don't want to take anything into a home full of vulnerable people.

Bear ran around solid all afternoon playing football with DH.  He is completely exhausted this morning, and poor DH is as well - he didn't sleep last night at all.  As Liverpool FC are playing this afternoon in a vital match I expect father to be occupied this afternoon anyway.  I think it is going to be a quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment