Pages

Saturday 20 October 2018

Another Day, Another Dither

Today I started cleaning out the walk in cupboard.  It's almost the size of our bathroom, and had far more junk in it this morning than it has now.  I have filled DH's car boot with rubbish.  I feel like I cannot cope with the chaos that is this house a moment longer, so I am planning on chipping away at it, even as little as ten minutes at a time.  I have spent today looking at things and asking myself - do I really want this?  What is the worst thing that can happen if I throw this away?  Where can I put all this rubbish?

Speaking of rubbish, I put a complaint in about the whole bin nonsense and today the bins were collected unnecessarily loudly at 7am.  I'm still pursuing the complaint because my complaint was very much about the lack of communication.  I really regret the lack of sleeping in.

I'm hoping that I get better about shopping.  For some reason I thought it was a good idea to place a Morrisons order which arrived today, including a wonky veg box which I swore I would never get again.  The veg is fine, but I never seem to get around to using it all.  Today we had roasted carrots and parsnips cooked with leek with the mince cooked with onions and peas.  The men of the house enjoyed it a great deal.

Bear has got replacement shin pads.  DH took him and I don't think they were too expensive, but I am still unimpressed.  He also apparently needs £3 for Monday for some vague reason that is connected with fundraising.  Still, he totally rocked his piano lesson which is something.

Writing stuff - finally got the next instalment from the White Hart sorted after junking 2.5k words that just weren't working.  On the 31 Days of Halloween, Timothy Bateson has announced the results of his prize draw here


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete