Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Still a Clean Patch

I don't know if anyone is tired of hearing about my driving lessons.  It must be frustrating seeing them come up again and again, but I write what I am.  Today I drove for nearly three hours solid.  I drove through Shipley and Saltaire, down roads I had never been before.  It was awesome.  I'm still not very comfortable over 30mph, but I rattled down the road at pushing 60mph at one point, I dealt with awkward junctions, roundabouts and strange turns without turning a hair.  I was fine.  Then on the way home my awesome instructor got out a clipboard and checklist and I wasn't just a hazard to traffic, I was a hazard to everything.  I think I need to work on that a little.  Or a lot.

I haven't managed to do anything about the bathroom walls, although they now bug me every visit.  It's true.  What has been seen cannot be unseen.  Now I can't miss the specks on the walls.  However I more or less flaked out when I got home, so I shall have to have a go tomorrow, after another three hour lesson. 

Bear is not in my good books.  He has lost his phone.  I am completely unimpressed.  He lost it on the bus, and now he is giving me the big eyes.  I could cry.  Apparently it disappeared on the bus, so I've reported it in and I'm keeping everything crossed.  I am not replacing like for like.  Bear needs to learn that actions have consequences, although he's doing okay for a nearly 12 year old.  Today he voluntarily did his French homework earlier than the night before it was due, so that is something.

Writing stuff - I've posted two pieces on my writing blog.  One is a 'reprint' of an old poem, and one is about how to protect yourself from fairies.  I am uneasily aware that at least three or four people who read this blog know a lot more about this than me.  However they are in the spirit of the 'October Frights Blog Hop' and there is a link which takes you to all sorts of blogs and possibilities.  31 Days of Halloween has a book spotlight on 'The Liminal Hymns'.  And in the spirit of fairy, I thought I would include this pic from Trevor Cole on Unsplash

Photo by Trevor Cole on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete