Pages

Thursday 4 October 2018

Firetrap Shirt


Today I ironed a Firetrap shirt.  It looks very nice and I believe that Firetrap, as a brand, is quite expensive compared to my usual purchases and also generally good quality.  The shirt itself was excellent.  I have no idea where it came from. 

DH is a good man in many ways, but he doesn't buy clothes.  He's not really interested, and will happily accept the results of my shopping habit as new clothes appear in his wardrobe.  He sometimes gets the perfect thing for himself - just recently he bought himself an amazing jacket - but on the whole, clothes shopping happens to someone else. 

I don't remember buying him the shirt.  It's possible that I bought on autopilot.  DH has recently lost a lot of weight in a healthy and sustainable way (I have so much respect for him!) so needs new clothes.  I've left him to his own devices with trousers, but I've picked up a few shirts.  In fact, I even paid full price for some of them, because he needed good ones for work and I didn't see any deals in the type of shirt he liked.  I've also picked up a few in charity shops, some of which he has been happy with, but I don't remember this! 

The last few months have been quite hectic, and there have been times when I haven't know whether it was face first or Tuesday, so unless shirts are randomly appearing, I think I need to start pulling myself together and tracking my shopping.  I had another long driving lesson today, rattling around trying to work out junctions.  Both next week and the week after I will be having long driving lessons on four separate days. I have made an executive decision that while I am spending so much time in driving lessons I am going to be living out of the freezer for easy meals.  It's not so much meals that are easy to make, but meals that are easy to think of.  I may make another batch of soup as bear and his pal inhaled another couple of portions of the soup I froze a few days ago.

On the writing front, I've been at the poetry again, which you can read here if you are interested.  The 31 Days of Halloween continue with a spotlight on Katherine Gilbert here and her book 'Protecting the Dead'.  Sarah Head has also recommended a macabre book, 'Strange Creatures' by Peter Eldritch, and you can see her recommendation in the comments on yesterday's post. 

It's a great time of year for spooky stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment