Pages

Sunday 16 May 2021

Football

The stiffness that I expected on Friday hit me this weekend. I have not felt like moving much at all. I've still got a few bits done, though. I did a little washing (on a Sunday!) and I'm faced with this.


Bear seems to have had an incident with a green pen. I have some stain remover, but I'm not sure that it's worth trying. It's one heck of a stain to remove. There are also some pale spots on his trousers that look a little like paint or something. He's going to have to go to school in them tomorrow. The marks are barely visible, but I can see me having a conversation with him tomorrow.

Mind you, he's in my good books. He put one of the trellis arches together, but he was fed up as the struts were bending so much. In fact, we dumped the third one in the recycling. I shall be looking for something sturdier for the mass of honeysuckle currently growing up on the side. The one he put together (incredibly well and pretty quickly) bent and is currently being propped up by the bins. 


I'm picked up some washing line tomorrow and I'll tie it to the lamppost.

My internet is still glitchy. I'm trying to watch the Women's Champions League (Chelsea are losing by four goals to Barcelona at half time, they need a Liverpool-style miracle to come back) and I keep getting kicked off. 

Speaking of Liverpool-style miracles, there's been another one. Liverpool are known for their comebacks when it matters. Today Liverpool's goalkeeper scored their winner, in stoppage time, and with a world class header. Anyone who missed it but enjoys soccer should check it out on YouTube. It was a stunning goal by a goalkeeper. Forwards would have been proud of it. It's times like this when I really miss father. He would have loved it.

On that note, I think I will have an early night.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of 2 different ways to remove ink. Smear toothpaste all over the stain and let dry and then wash with good detergent. Or spray with hair spray - needs to be an old brand of hair spray. I've done this where it's just been a line of ink and it worked but not sure of outcome with such a big spot. The internet suggests rubbing alcohol but I have no knowledge if that works either. Good luck. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete