Pages

Monday 3 May 2021

Trees Continue

Fifitr - I say go for it! I've never got the hang of crochet. I find knitting, especially plain knitting, incredibly soothing, and I've never minded sewing by hand, so it's easy for me. Crochet is not easy. Sending good vibes and hope that you can find the right hook and yarn. If you feel safe, I'm sure that the charity shops will be stuffed with inexpensive goodies.

Eileen - There seems to be nothing much about writing in any of the journal videos I've found. And, as you can tell, I'm all about the words. I've stuck down some random bits of tape, which I've enjoyed, but I think I've got a way to go. Some of the journals look beautiful, even if I can't work out how to use them.

Bless - I hope you find the perfect drapes.

I'm sort of getting in to journalling. I've got an A4 notebook with plastic over covers which I use to jot down whatever thoughts are currently passing through. I'm finding that it helps me organise my thoughts, and I also use it as something of a scratch pad so that I can look at the afternoon and jot down all the things I need to do and work out their order. I've stuck some washi tape over the cover, and every now and then I stick some tape, but my heart isn't really in it.

I also have a huge lever arch file, which is older than bear. I first started using it around twenty years ago. I was in such a bad mental state that if I had to do something like make a phone call I had to write down a list of how to approach it, like 1. pick up receiver 2. dial number etc etc I'm sort of using the bullet journal method, but with my own spin. I have a list of days, with what is happening, and I'm using an impulse purchase of highlighter pens to colour code stuff on the calendar, so that one colour is bear, one is me, one is DH, one is writing stuff, household and bills, car stuff etc. The idea is that if I need to refer back to when I spoke to Matalan, it's easy to find. 

I'm also planning (starting tonight) to have a page where I can list anything I feel proud of accomplishing, even if it's just something like washing up when I really didn't feel like it. I also think I shall have a page where I record nice quotes and sayings. The founder of the Bullet Journal method said that the method should be a way of organising things, planning things but also a means to mindfulness. I way of making sense of things. I thoroughly approve of that. It's not exactly like the exquisite journals that you see on YouTube, but it's a way of trying to keep me at least near on track and slightly more upbeat. I'm not sure if I'll add washi tape. I may. I like it, and as long as it doesn't get in the way, I may as well enjoy it.

And speaking of Matalan, the rain has been heavy here, and I think the water is weighing the branches down more.


The branches are getting ridiculously low and are almost as low as my bonnet. I hope that they can get cut back soon.

Writing stuff - today's flash fiction is here

Hugs and good health to all. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some really good ideas with the journaling. I try to doing a daily page just to write down some random thoughts or bits and pieces to help with the stress and anxiety of worrying about Mum. It helps a bit.

    I could never get the hang on crochet. Mum and I tried together one year went I spent the summer with her. It was such a laugh, but neither one of us got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those branches look like they're almost on the floor, which definitely doesn't leave much room for traffic. I know many people who swear by journaling but I've never really gotten into it, but I am a great writer of 'to do' lists, now my memory is going. I also write down crib sheets for phone calls, and always have, especially difficult ones; I've never really liked communicating by phone and always found it a trifle artificial. During Covid that's especially true when I find myself calling people because I think they need the contact, but neither of us have a great deal to say about what we've been doing. I find myself jotting down things from news stories or things people have told me, good books I've read and so forth as topics of conversation. It doesn't clear my mind but it does keep the chatter flowing. If only everyone were online! Good luck getting Matalan motivated to cut the hedge - surely those pics are all the proof they need to get cracking before someone drives into it.

    ReplyDelete