Pages

Saturday 19 June 2021

Copy & Paste

Libby - I hope you managed to get back to sleep after the first thirty minutes, because the rest was grim. I was unsurprised. It would be nice to watch England play a sizzling, exciting, well-crafted game. Father once drank half a bottle of brandy while watching England play, but I don't think it entirely numbed the pain.

Writing stuff - I have two writing sites, Always Another Chapter and At the Sign of the White Hart. I shall be deactivating the White Hart site soon. I'm not sure how safe the Always Another Chapter will be. It's all got very confusing for me. I think anyone who has half a brain could figure it out, but while I'm quite good at all sorts of things, websites terrify me. My mind goes blank. I have the insight of a concussed pigeon. The chat support was lovely, but I'm still not sure what I'm doing. 

I'm trying to think of ways to keep the stories. I was thinking of self publishing them, but I haven't found a reliable way of keeping them free to access. It seems wrong to have to pay for something that was previously free. On the other hand, self publishing is probably the most secure way to keep the stories, as they won't be affected by broken laptops and the company would want to keep a chance to make money from them so would keep them going.

Regardless of what I decide to do, I've spent today copy & pasting story after story. I've got a big master file, plus I'm dividing them into different categories - poetry, darker fiction, chatty stories and such. I wondered about publishing these separately but there isn't really that much in each. They're not really long enough. 

Whatever happens is likely to be after a spell of the website equivalant of hitting my thumb with a hammer. I really am adrift. But I will share if I make a decision.

Hugs and good health to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment