Pages

Friday 17 September 2021

Today Was Complicated

I went for a walk this morning. I didn't manage to catch a pic of the squirrel, but it was quite slim for the time of year. I hope it will be okay. I managed to get a pic of the evidence of what it was eating.


The remains are from a horse chestnut, but there are no horse chestnut trees nearby. I took some better pics later on, but they're sort of generic.


I may use them for my flash fiction.

Then I went into Dewsbury to pick up some shin pads. When I last went in for uniform, bear swore that he wouldn't need them. However he just learned that they are playing field hockey this term, so he changed his mind and I got sent in. I called in at the Range on my way back, but they didn't have what I wanted. I picked up an advent calendar, though, as shops ran short last year.

I've spent the rest of the day armpit deep in writing stuff, details below. I was glad to escape to the school run. Bear has done well this week, according to the record of positives. He was a little fed up though when he reached the car as there had been a fire alarm, and not a drill either. He said that it was due to a malfunction. I have a feeling that I'm going to be hearing about fund raisers soon.

Writing stuff - my awesome editor from Three Furies gave me a hand, and I submitted the books version of the stories from the White Hart to both Amazon and Draft2Digital (who distribute to practically everyone else). Both of them have bounced the stories as the content is available for free elsewhere - the old blog At the Sign of the White Hart. I am not sure how to go on. If I want the stories out there in book form, I can't have them in a blog. I've closed the old blog today. If you have any ideas or feelings on the matter, please comment and let me know. My instinct is to put it into books and put it on sale at regular intervals. It helps me with other books and makes it easier to promote my work. I am very aware, however, that I wrote those stories with the ongoing encouragement of the readers. Please let me know what you think. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you've made the right decision. You have to do what's right for you and this sounds like a great step forward!

    ReplyDelete