Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2021

What Plans?

The meal plan is two days in and has been completely abandoned. I may still manage a casserole tomorrow, but so far the odds are looking against it as bear will be picked up around 1pm but wants to go climbing after. I won't be in to keep an eye on the stove - and I won't trust any appliance in my kitchen at the moment.

Bear is back at school tomorrow, for half a day. I let him get on with getting ready. I made sure that he had all the stationery, uniform and sundries that he needed and that all his shirts and trousers were clean and ready. The rest is up to him. 

I took him to the Works Outlet store today. That is, I gave him money and waited at a safe distance. He had fun, but commented that the stationery there was very girlie. DH and bear both adore stationery, but he is right. There is an over-representation of unicorns and pink glitter. He picked up some stuff for backing books, a couple of puzzle books and some pens which I need to take back as they are leaking before they even left the packet. I had a look in the Yankee candle shop, but I was somewhat unimpressed. 

I am still doing the calculations. If I drop bear off at his usual time, the earliest I can get home is 8.30, and if I call in anywhere before I start it can be as late as 10am before I get home. I saw the state of the car park this lunchtime at Morrisons where I would normally wait to pick up bear and it looked like the D-Day landings. I need to get there early, so perhaps leave home around 10.30am. If I don't go anywhere, though, I'm hanging around for four hours or so. I may take my knitting and catch my breath.

I may just come home. I can always call in at the Co-op for any necessities. I thought I would take a pic to give an impression of the size of my local co-op. These are all the supermarket trollies.

Writing stuff - I've done a brief note on my blog about my plans, but it's not particularly interesting. It's here if you would like to look. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment