Pages

Sunday 28 November 2021

Can Move But Didn't

 Thank you for all the wonderful comments about vinegar. 

Barb - I will try that whenever I open a new container.

Peggy, Jackie and wherethejourneytakesme - I think if I'm keeping it for cleaning, it should be fine. 

There are currently four types of vinegar in our house. There is the older white distilled vinegar that I got in for cleaning and laundry softening, which should be fine. I mean, it's being acidic in a cleaning setting. As long as it hasn't lost that then it should be fine. There are some small bottles of white vinegar I bought last month for pickling mushrooms, as it's the good stuff, but slightly more expensive. There is red wine vinegar and I can't remember why I bought it. If it hangs around much longer, I'll be using that for cleaning as well. Then there is the brown malt vinegar for at the table, which DH insists tastes different. I can't have it as it isn't gluten free. 

Sharon - I didn't do a list today and got nothing done. I'm going to have to go back to it tomorrow. I hope to keep up with the walking but I am nervous about the leaves. I hope your friend healed quickly. As for covid - I believe it exists and can be serious, I believe in masks and hand sanitisers and I believe in being sensible. I hope you can stay safe.

DH went out for his usual Sunday potter and bear went out to meet his pals. I was settling down for a quiet afternoon when I looked out of the window and saw snow. I was unimpressed. It hadn't been in the forecast. I got more concerned as it carried on and got heavier. I mean, it wasn't as bad as it could have been and it was definitely only a little snow, but I didn't fancy driving in it, especially to pick up bear at 6pm from a random place. I asked him to come home, and he was awesome about it, even though he was missing out on a trip to the ice skating rink. He got the bus back and came in covered in snowflakes. DH came in a little later and said that the car had lost traction at the corner of our road, but that things were otherwise okay. 

I get stressed by snow. I didn't see much growing up, and never got the hang of it. Besides, I have a bad track record of dislocating or spraining things when I fall, and my feet will only fit into slippers, so I find walking around with snow and ice terrifying. But I got salt and grit down in the garden, down the front steps and over to the car. I hope that it will be okay. I have to get bear to school tomorrow regardless. As it is main roads all the way once I get out of our street, I'm not too stressed. Okay, I'm incredibly stressed but mildly confident that it will be more or less okay. A hard frost is forecast for tomorrow morning.

I wonder if my fuchsia will survive. It was lovely and bright yesterday. 


I mean, the plant will be fine and as ridiculously overgrown as ever next year, but I wonder if we have seen the last of the flowers. I expect so.

The birds have also been hanging around the birdfeeder. Early on today, DH loaded the car with rubbish for the tip and the local robin hopped in on one of the bin bags before flying off! I don't think that it's tame. I think it knows that we are complete soft touches. It may have been planning a mugging.

Writing stuff - there is a sale on at Three Furies Press. There are some amazing authors on there, so if you are interested, have a quick look while the going is inexpensive!

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. We've had snow too. I get a little (a lot!) stressed by it. Seems I plan my days around it. I used to hate when I had to pick the children up from school as I couldn't get out of going out in it. I think I've said this before but it's not so much my driving I'm worried about but the people who seem to think there is no need to slow down or take things easy when the roads are slippery. Husband grew up here and is used to driving in it so when he is home I make him drive lol.

    ReplyDelete