Pages

Saturday 27 November 2021

Still Can't Move

I only did around 2000 steps today, but I still can't move. 

We had some weather, but we escaped the worst. Sending all good thoughts out to those who are still without power or suffering from a lot of damage. I still didn't go out into the garden. I did, however, start sorting out the walk in cupboard. I may be some time. At the moment the kitchen, the dining room and the cupboard look pillaged! There is stuff in heaps everywhere. I am sort of more or less mainly kind of confident that it will look better soon. 

I found some gallon containers of white vinegar. The container said that they were past their sell by date, but I'm not sure. I would only be using it as fabric softener or for cleaning. I'll have to have a think about it. Suggestions are welcome. There is a medieval manuscript that suggests that to test if vinegar is good, you need to see if it makes stone (presumable limetstone) bubble. I don't think that I've ever had vinegar that strong in the house, and I am not sure that I want it either.

I'm worried about the news of the Omicron variant. It sounds like a science fiction or horror film. Unfortunately it's real life. I suspect that things will become a lot more closed again. 

Sending hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Pour a bit of vinegar into a saucer with some baking soda...bicarb? It should fizz and bubble. I don't believe it goes bad, so I would use it for cleaning, etc.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling a bit hesitant especially as so many people here still seem to think it's all a made up thing. I still wear my mask in shops. I don't care what people think of me. I know how horrible Covid is and I don't want it nor do I want to be at risk of spreading it to someone else.

    I am going to try and get my husband and I in for our booster jabs. Our state numbers are so high now that they have opened it up to be available to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, a sell by date for vinegar is nonsense, especially if you're using it only for cleaning and laundry. As long as it's unopened, you could probably use it for food-related purposes also.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vinegar should be fine for cleaning I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries about the vinegar! It will still be good.

    ReplyDelete